Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our Home Away from Home

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?'


"You have said "Seek my face." My heart says to you, "Your face, Lord do I seek.




    These verses, both from Psalm 27, have  been swirling thru my head and heart.  On one hand we have fears of the somewhat unknown journey we are embarking on and on the other hand we do want to be found in HIM, His ways, and His will.
   We do desire your prayers.We have a little over 24 hours until we are Africa bound. We have said many of our good-byes and now are realizing the anticipation of seeing those we love on the other side of the world. We stand in awe of a God who has allowed us to have this privilege to share in taking "Christ in me-the hope of glory" to people we may meet up with.
   We always face the challenge of  leaving home with people we love and everything familiar to go "home" to a place that feels so welcoming and a part of us but yet never quite at home either place. It is just one more reminder that this life is very fleeting and unless we are anchored to the Rock Jesus Christ we have no hope of ever truly being " at home."
   So the time has come. We will leave San Fransisco to Atlanta-Atlanta to Amsterdam-Amsterdam to Kigali, Rwanda to be met by our dear friend Charles. After a few days there we will go to the Ugandan border to be met by Joab and spend around a month in Kabale Uganda. Around December 12th, joined by Ben and Tami Miller we will move to Kampala Uganda to attend the wedding of Vian and Evelyn. Then we will arrive home December 19th to enjoy Christmas at "home."

   This is the gang we are leaving here. The older ones all ask when they can go along.  We pray that someday we can share a trip with them!!

 
   "For from Him and thru Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be glory forever. Amen." Romans 11:36

1 comment: